• Dear Traders, If your TCT offer has been accepted and processed, and you haven't received the course(s) you traded for or an update from GBC, please contact @strawberry. We are currently dealing with a high volume of requests, and this section is processed manually with a multitude of issues. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.

Completed Charcoal Portraits 101

Publisher
Kara Bullock Art
Product Type
Video Course
Product URL
https://karabullockart.com/product/cp101/
Author
Robert Kelley
Language
English
Duration
07:00
Project Files
No
Product Price
$149
TCT Points
2 TCT Points

WOULD YOU LIKE TO LEARN MORE ABOUT WHAT IT TAKES TO RENDER OUT A GREAT, CHARCOAL PORTRAIT? DO YOU WANT TO BETTER UNDERSTAND SOME OF THE BASIC FUNDAMENTALS OF PORTRAITURE?​

In this academic course, master charcoal artist, Robert Kelley, will take you on a step-by-step journey of his process of creating beautiful, charcoal portraits. Robert will begin by sharing with his students the basic fundamentals that all artists must understand in order to create a portrait. This course is for all levels, beginning to advanced, and will cover topics such as drafting, anatomy, values, relationships, measurement, perspective, mechanics, design, techniques, and so much more! If you are a beginning artist, ready to learn to draw portraits for the very first time, or if you are an advanced portrait artist, ready to push the limits, this course is for you! It doesn't matter where you are on this journey, this class is for everyone!

[Kara Bullock Art] Charcoal Portraits 101.jpg

COURSE OBJECTIVES

By the end of this course students will have an understanding of the following concepts:
  • basic fundamentals to drawing a portrait in any angle
  • understand how to draw the features of the face in any angle
  • how to use lines as guides when drawing a portrait
  • how understanding the anatomy of any object can be a guide in any drawing
  • use measurement and referencing to guide relationships
  • placement of features
  • foreshortening
  • creating a composition/design that works
  • using different materials and substrates in your work
  • using different tools to create various effects in your artwork

I would like to trade this course for

Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Accepted:
  • Charcoal Portraits 101 - 1 TCT Points (x2)
  • ANIMAL PORTRAITS IN CHARCOAL - 1 TCT Points (x2)
So, you have one more TCT Point. You can keep it for future trades, or I can give you Mediafile Premium for 1 week.

Please upload both courses on Mega or Google Drive and share links with me in DM.
Thanks!

Accepted:
  • Charcoal Portraits 101 - 1 TCT Points (x2)
  • ANIMAL PORTRAITS IN CHARCOAL - 1 TCT Points (x2)
So, you have one more TCT Point. You can keep it for future trades, or I can give you Mediafile Premium for 1 week.

Please upload both courses on Mega or Google Drive and share links with me in DM.
Thanks!

Awesome thank you, I'll get on that now, and one week of media file would be great as I want to get the marco bucci drawing course on there.

Reactions: strawberry
Hi, I have uploaded both videos again lesson 4.1 and 5.1. They are both the same, they are meant to be as you can see from this description from the course:
I have uploaded both because when I tried to play the video from 5.1 on OCC it would not play, but both my files play fine.
I will DM you the link.

In this next lesson, you will view the study drawing that I completed first in lesson 4. After completing those three study portraits, I decided to choose the one that I felt most inspired by to continue working on. I wanted to take this piece to the next level. You will watch as I add more layers, and begin thinking about value. Value is very important, and the more that you understand it, the better your portraits will become!

Reactions: strawberry