Dec 13, 2023
Skill level
3.00 star(s)
Project Files
Yes
Product Price
$175
Mastering 2D Animation Beyond the Fundamentals coloso.jpg

Master Subtle to Dynamic Sequences in Your 2D Animation!

After years of experience in various roles within the animation industry, including 2D animation, storyboarding, and character design, Li Cree is here to share techniques and insights directly applicable to your 2D animation career.

This class offers a comprehensive curriculum covering animation principles, character interactions, and action scenes. Whether you're a beginner aiming to establish a strong foundation or an intermediate animator seeking to enhance your skills, this curriculum caters to a wide range of skill levels. You'll gain a deep understanding of animation fundamentals, enabling you to create captivating animations.

If you're passionate about animation and aspire to elevate your skills and career prospects, this class provides the perfect opportunity to acquire the knowledge and techniques needed to excel in the animation industry.

Class Perks: Exclusive Coloso Offerings:

• Access to all 3 Clip Studio animation files created during class
  • After Effects file for "The Dynamic" action animation scene
  • 1 Clip Studio file for each class exercise
  • Li Cree's customized Clip Studio workspace preset
  • Li Cree's personal animation and After Effects files for practice

Why Take This Class?

Elevate Your Animation Skills!Through this animation class, you'll learn to identify and apply the 12 principles in an easily digestible manner, suitable for beginners and those at a basic level. As you progress in your animation journey, you'll master applying these principles effortlessly to your work. Additionally, you'll acquire techniques and insider tricks not readily available in online tutorials or books.

Class Exercises:

1. Exploring Breakdown Poses
  2. Shifting Emotions
  3. Two Seated Customers
  4. Arcs Meeting Motion
  5. Of Halves and Thirds
  6. Playing with Exposure
  7. Motivated Lens
  8. Across the Grid

Class Highlights:

Demonstration 1 (Subtle Mode):
In this demonstration, we'll create a brief animation featuring a character interacting with an object. We'll focus on essential techniques such as solid drawing, staging, timing/spacing, pose-to-pose/straight ahead, and easing. Our goal is to help students develop habits that enhance their drawing and composition skills, making even simple animations appear solid and lively.

Demonstration 2 (Fun Mode):
In this phase, we'll focus on creating an animation with two characters interacting with each other. We'll delve into arcs, anticipation, squash and stretch, follow-through, and secondary action. The aim is to demonstrate how the foundational principles we covered are crucial when enhancing character performance.

Demonstration 3 (Dynamic Mode):
The final demonstration will focus on creating a dynamic action sequence while applying the last two principles—exaggeration and appeal—in conjunction with the other 10 principles. We'll take this animation from the initial sketch to the final composite, utilizing After Effects to achieve clean composited animation with simple effects and tricks.

Last edited by a moderator:
btw, how much of a participant fee I should set?
It’s saying 8/20 participants with a $5 contribution. That’s different from the 8/6 participants and $29.5 contribution displayed before. Can this be fixed? I don’t how it changed.
@owl
Six of us agreed to spit it amongst ourselves. I had it all set up when I made this payment page, how did it change? I thought I was the organizer.

I appreciate it. I was hoping to keep the participants number low so we’d have a better chance of fully funding it. I’m in another group that’s been stalled at 8 out of 15 supporters. Any amount helps, but I don’t know what the number will be now. It was originally supposed to be 6 participants paying $29.5 per person.
I'm interested too, and I contributed today for it. I'm ok to pay the difference if the contribution is going to change.
It’s funny how I got snarky replies when I asked for help making a group by. I kept getting told “make it yourself.” Now I made it myself with all the correct information, others get involved and the listing gets messed up.

@owl
Six of us agreed to spit it amongst ourselves. I had it all set up when I made this payment page, how did it change? I thought I was the organizer.
@owl ?
I appreciate it. I was hoping to keep the participants number low so we’d have a better chance of fully funding it. I’m in another group that’s been stalled at 8 out of 15 supporters. Any amount helps, but I don’t know what the number will be now. It was originally supposed to be 6 participants paying $29.5 per person.

It’s funny how I got snarky replies when I asked for help making a group by. I kept getting told “make it yourself.” Now I made it myself with all the correct information, others get involved and the listing gets messed up.
@owl ?

It doesn't matter if we pay up. Only 15/20 people signed up right now. We agreed before this GB was created, to split it between 6 people and pay $29.5 each. Then it changed to 20 people. I see there's more interest then 6, but not enough interest for 20 people to pay. But some people already paid... Idk if it's possible now to change this GB, so it'd be ~10 people paying ~$19.5. Otherwise it's going to be like Mary Kim animation course, that still isn't paid after 4 month and 63 sign ups.

@owl If it's possible, can we change this GB to ~10 people, not 20?

Reactions: Red Chaser