17:06
Release date
Aug 4, 2023
Skill level
4.00 star(s)
Product Price
$186
us-2danimator-juliencortey-reason.gif

This class will teach you about Key Animation, the fundamental element of the animation process. Learn how to overcome the fear of the blank page and create dynamic movements, animate hair & clothing, and master timing with helpful tips.​

By the end of this class, you'll be able to clean up your animation, create FX scenes, and establish a solid foundation of the Key Animation process using TVPaint.​

us-2danimator-juliencortey-portfolio-15.gif

This class is a must-take for anyone interested in creating captivating animations through key animation.​

You'll learn essential skills such as animation basics, the Japanese animation pipeline, storyboarding, character sketching, and anatomy. With these extra special tips and tricks,​

you'll be able to create unique animations.​

Whether you're a beginner or an experienced animator looking to improve your skills, this class has something for everyone.​

Storyboarding & the Japanese Animation Pipeline

us-2danimator-juliencortey-sellingpoint-01.gif

We will start by developing your understanding of the Japanese Animation Pipeline. Once you discover how the pipeline works, I'll guide you through all aspects of the storyboarding process they use in Japanese Animation Studios. I have prepared a complete storyboard for this class, and I will guide you through every step of bringing animation to life, starting from a Storyboard.​

Key Animation and Timing

us-2danimator-juliencortey-sellingpoint-02.gif

Build a strong foundation in Key Animation, the backbone of the animation process. I will guide you through overcoming the fear of the blank page and creating your first rough animation, also known as "Ichigen" in Japanese animation. We will then move on to the second rough, called "Nigen." Throughout this process, I will share numerous tips on creating dynamic movements, animating hair and clothing, and mastering timing.​

Clean-up, Shadow, Light, and FX

us-2danimator-juliencortey-sellingpoint-03.gif

In the latter part of the curriculum, we will focus on the cleaning process of the animation phase. Although the clean-up process can be tedious, it's a crucial step, just like Ichigen and Nigen are in Japanese animation. To make this phase as fun as possible, I have added a few great tips and put the Shadow and Light chapter toward the end of the curriculum. I have also incorporated a short FX scene so students can learn how FX are created in a nutshell.​

You'll Learn

Basic Animation & Storyboard

us-2danimator-juliencortey-detail-01.gif

Learn the basics of animation and gain an understanding of the Japanese Animation Pipeline and Storyboard before we apply them to our animation in the later chapters.​

1st Rough: Ichigen

us-2danimator-juliencortey-detail-02.gif

Here, you won't need to worry about how the drawing looks but will need to focus on the shots for the animations and follow the storyboard. This phase includes a bunch of tips regarding the rough sketching process.​

2nd Rough: Ichigen+Sakkan

us-2danimator-juliencortey-detail-03.gif

What matters in this phase of the class is the character's body sketch, anatomy, and dynamic movement. I'll share tips and tricks for applying basic anatomy skills to your animation.​

Clean-up:Niggen

us-2danimator-juliencortey-detail-04.gif

During the clean-up phase, I will provide insights into the process of lining work. You will learn to create accurate lines that closely match the character's appearance.​

FX: Shadows & Light

us-2danimator-juliencortey-detail-05.gif

For the FX part, we will cover how to incorporate FX and work with shadows and light. Finally, we will wrap up the project so that the in-between department can take over and complete the animation pipeline.​

Wrapping Up for the Inbetween Department

us-2danimator-juliencortey-detail-06.gif

To finalize the Genga process and follow the Japanese animation production pipeline, students will learn how to effectively communicate with Inbetween Animators by providing clear instructions and indications on keyframes.​

Attachments

• us-2danimator-juliencortey-reason.gif
    us-2danimator-juliencortey-reason.gif
    11.5 MB · Views: 80
  • us-2danimator-juliencortey-detail-03.gif
    us-2danimator-juliencortey-detail-03.gif
    259.1 KB · Views: 86
hii adms! good night, hope that you're great.
Are you still gathering support or has this project been cancelled?
If you still have this project active, how many people still need join/ support so you can buy this course?