GB Organizer
Group Member
GB Participant
Jul 23, 2023
Credits
$0.30
GBG Credits
Ğ0
As you guys may know, there are some courses which have far passed it's goal for distributions. When I asked the admin team where the extra funds are being dedicated towards, they mentioned how it was going to be used towards future group buys (which to be fair is not very specific). I'm not fully sure how it's being used specifically, but I have an idea that would make it more efficiently used and possibly speed up the process of group buys.

My guess is that the funds are currently being distributed throughout EVERY group buy, lowering the participation funds slightly. Yes, this gives each group a fair chance, but this approach is extremely inefficient. First of all, not all courses are sought after by the majority of the community. (Keeping in mind that money here is hard to come by since the community is still small) My idea is that the extra credits earned after a course is already distributed is kept accounted for in some sort of thread. Once some sort of milestone is achieved, we (the community) are able to VOTE on a course. After the vote is concluded, the course with the highest votes will have the price cut in half (or 75%). That way, we get things done faster, and the community is more involved with the money we put into the system.

I hope this is implemented so that we as a community are given more transparency from the admin team. So that we know how much money is available and if it's going towards a good cause.

Reactions: Expultese and yeri