Organizers Detailed Guide on how to Start and Organize the Group Buy

Before proceeding, please ensure you have read and familiarized yourself with the "Group-Buy-Club" (GBC) Rules and Policies, particularly the 4th paragraph!!!

Creating the Group Buy (GB)

Step 1: Select the appropriate thread for your Group Buy (GB) placement.

1 - Select the appropriate thread for your Group Buy.png

Step 2: Starting a New Group Buy (GB)

Before starting a new GB, please ensure that no other GB of the exact nature has already been initiated or that the GB is closed.

To begin, use the Search Bar to verify if the GB you wish to create already exists:

2 - Search bar.png

Then, click the "Create Group Buy" button:

2 - Create GroupBuy.png

Step 3: Formatting the GB

For this example, I will use the "Complete Blender Creator: Learn 3D Modelling for Beginners [GameDev.tv Team] course

After clicking the "Create Group Buy" button, a user-friendly GB template will appear:

3 - Formatting Group Buy Thread.png

There are several additional details that you should add in the separate text boxes and drop-downs:

3.4 Custom Fields.png

Please ensure that the GB is filled out following the rules on "How to Organize and Format the Group Buy."

Once completed, it should be as follows:
Title

3.1 - Title.png

Body

3.2 - Group Buy Body.png

Additional Details

3.3 - Group Buy Extra Fields.png

Step 4: Approving the GB

After completing the GB, you will notice that the GB is in the "awaiting approval" state. This indicates that an Administrator or Moderator needs to approve it. However, you can still access it. Additionally, you can customize the GB by clicking on the cog icon.

1689511219043.png

After receiving approval, Voilà!

Congratulations, you now have a fully functioning Group Buy (GB). You can start inviting participants, engaging in discussions, and organizing the purchase of the desired content. Take advantage of this opportunity to foster collaboration and enjoy the benefits of a successful group buy experience. Happy sharing and learning!

Last edited:
Oh okay. I’m just trying to figure out how I’m supposed to set the price and amount of backers/“backed” for the group buy, or if it should be unlimited; just what the rule is for that.

We can adjust the participant fee later based on the course price. From what I've learned, the estimated contribution should be 10 to 20 times smaller than the course price. The number of participants acts as a multiplier to cover the course price.