Forumite
GB Organizer
GB Participant
Jul 22, 2023
Credits
$0.00
GBG Credits
Ğ0
So if you look at other gb sites(skladchik) they have a plugin that automatically calculate price per participant.

i don't know if this can be implemented here because of fees but it would help to reduce prices even more.

because if a gb is 100$ in here you make a 10 person gb for 10$ each but in their system you can have unlimited people before
organizer decides that the price is good enough to go (ex. 16 people for 7$ each).

i don't see any problem so far for COLOSO courses because people want them but maybe we can have this for struggling GBs

Certainly. I would like to express my perspective on the matter. In my opinion, having 25 participants contribute $10 each for a course valued at $250 seems more appealing than having 15 participants pay $16 each.

My agreement with this viewpoint is primarily rooted in the observation that numerous members may have budget constraints or a preference not to exceed a $10 payment per course. By adopting this approach, we could potentially facilitate the rapid availability of a greater number of courses. This arrangement would likely encourage a larger portion of our members to readily participate in numerous courses without hesitation.

Reactions: elon
I also agree that more elastic calculations should be needed. Some classes are obviously many people want to attend, but the calculation method is still only counting 10 people.
I think a better way is to start with the minimum number of people required and the price at the time of sign-up, and divide all the prices between the number of registrants after the sign-up is over.

I also agree that more elastic calculations should be needed. Some classes are obviously many people want to attend, but the calculation method is still only counting 10 people.
I think a better way is to start with the minimum number of people required and the price at the time of sign-up, and divide all the prices between the number of registrants after the sign-up is over.
Hm the problem even people sign up. That won't guaranteed they follow through and make payment, which gonna mess up the calculation

Certainly, I hold the perspective that for courses valued at $200 and above, a suitable price range could be around $10-$12 per participant. In the case of courses with a value less than $200, a price range of $7-$8 per participant might be more appropriate.