GBG Credits
Ğ0

Introduction to Figure Construction

Publisher
Gumroad
Product Type
Video Course
Product URL
https://michaelhampton.gumroad.com/l/Figureconstruction?layout=discover&recommended_by=staff_picks
Author
Michael Hampton
Language
English
Duration
05:00
Release date
Dec 21, 2023
Skill level
1.00 star(s)
Project Files
Not Provided
Product Price
$125
I have taken the curriculum I use teaching figure invention and construction for universities and gathered it here. In this course I share my drawing processes and explain how the steps I use to construct a figure are supported and dependent on foundation drawing skills.

1g10zxeiip681b3vazc7t2jg45hl

What you'll learn

1. An explanation of the abstract components of drawing (line, shape, perspective) and exercises for building confidence in their use.
    yti9lvgs44rey5kx7q3yvjmb2q8v

2. An exploration of form intersections, modifications, and additional exercises to allow for the development of complex organic forms.
    zef744ajhidcluv4kp9bakx2febn

3. A description of how even the most advanced subjects is reducible to a basic drawing vocabulary.
    99rh1y1mjbffi6gs610qtqpn6cup

4. How to build from a gestural start into a 3D construction
    qpja6ky9bvx96ilkcg8lesb0kfj7

5. A step by step process for constructing a figure from reference
    z45dzf78xc61zawu8epr8a3dj1un

6. Hand and Foot Construction
    ulaqaozo768nba8759j8efn5z15k

gp0a1n33oqgetmc2n9086154u23o

7. Foreshortening hands and figures
j195xh9v6gbbt5oroirh4iduh0y4

c0pbz81k31t9j4n2p9gnosxw8c72

1. The proportions of the figure and landmarks of the rib cage, and pelvis
    pix0fi0ueltprjo2spu3b6c1l6jz

What's included

1. 5+ hours of lecture
    2. Step by step demonstrations
    3. Detailed walk through of a figure turnaround
    4. Photoshop files of all example drawings

What this course is

This course is an intensive overview of figure construction, an approach I use for inventing figures in perspective and as foundation for interpreting anatomy. This material represents what I teach at private universities and workshops around the world, and I’ve chosen to gather it here as I find it to be one of the more challenging stages for students. For this reason, I go into the details of drawing mechanics and perspective to provide as much support to students working through this stage.

The benefits of having these lectures recorded is that they can be reviewed and worked through at your own pace. I have organized my workflow and approach to be broken down into a step-by-step sequence to help support the way you practice and think through your own drawing. I have also included suggested assignments to help support the information and its practice.

Unfortunately, this is not a replacement for a figure drawing workshop, or a magic course that will make you draw exactly like me. However, I have described a road map and set of steps that if practiced often and understood will get you on your way to inventing figures in space.

Price per Participant
$15
I have the book (PDF) version of this course, and it's very informative. While we all learn differently, it definitely offers good information and an easy way to get into figure drawing.

Reactions: Anongirl