Ulfric

GB Participant
Jul 24, 2023
Credits
$0.00
GBG Credits
Ğ0

A community post for those who are trying to learn Blender

There are few artists/Websites that offer professional courses, now one of the drawbacks is that they are not the one stop solution for everything Blender, so the learning material are scattered. Some offer great on one topic; others provide great topic on other things.

Now the plus point is almost all of them can be downloaded from OCC, the negative point is that OCC missing some other courses from these groups/site as well. I am trying to keep a track & also anyone who are interested in learning Blender from top to bottom you can follow this post, I think I will make a group as well tracking the existing + missing courses as well

Top sites that offer Blender courses for professionals

1. CGBoost - Best for beginners, all of their courses are on OCC
  2. CGCookie - Their courses are on OCC as well. Last I checked nothing was missing
  3. Blender Bross - Best for Hard Surface Modeling courses. OCC has some of them & is missing some of them
  4. CGFastTrack - Majority of courses are on OCC, some past courses are missing. CGFastTrack will release some of the courses in the near Future, Hopefully OCC will get them
  5. P2 Academy - Best on Blender Riggin & Animation. OCC have all of them
  6. Canopy Games - OCC have some of them. They have the best course on Geometry nodes & Blender Python courses. But OCC doesn't have them.
  7. Stephen Pearson - special mention, He makes the best courses on Blender simulation. OCC have all of them
  8. Nikolay Naydenov - Best for Blender Character Artist. All his courses are on OCC as well.
  9. Creative Shrimp - They have some great Blender courses as well & all of them are available on OCC.

if you want to do a topic bases search,

Here I am laying out the topics
  • 1. Modeling
    • Low poly/ Stylized Modeling
    • Organic Modeling
    • Hard Surface Modeling
    • Vanila Hard Surface Modeling
    • Paid add ons like BoxCutter &HardOps
  • 2. Sculpting
  • 3. Retopology
    • Vanila Retopology
    • With Add-ons like Retopoflow
  • 4. UV
  • 5. Baking
  • 6. Shaders & Texturing
    • PBR Texturing
    • Hand Painted Texturing
    • Procedural Texturing
  • 7. Rigging
    • Character Rigging
    • Hard Surface Rigging
  • 8. Animation
    • 3D Animation
    • Grease Pencil 2D Animation
    • Procedural/Motion Graphics
  • 9. Simulations
    • Physics
    • Force Fields
    • Particle System/Hair
  • 10 . Geometry Nodes
    • Geometry Node Basic
    • Geometry Nodes Simulation
  • 11. Lighting
  • 12. Compositing
  • 13. Rendering
  • 14. Grease Pencil
  • 15. Blender Scripting with Python

Thank you for highlighting the current situation with Blender courses and learning materials. There indeed are only a few artists/websites offering professional courses, and the drawback is that the content is scattered, and each source may excel in different areas.

However, it's great to know that most of these courses can be downloaded from OCC 🥳

A community post for those who are trying to learn Blender

There are few artists/Websites that offer professional courses, now one of the drawbacks is that they are not the one stop solution for everything Blender, so the learning material are scattered. Some offer great on one topic; others provide great topic on other things.

Now the plus point is almost all of them can be downloaded from OCC, the negative point is that OCC missing some other courses from these groups/site as well. I am trying to keep a track & also anyone who are interested in learning Blender from top to bottom you can follow this post, I think I will make a group as well tracking the existing + missing courses as well

Top sites that offer Blender courses for professionals

1. CGBoost - Best for beginners, all of their courses are on OCC
  2. CGCookie - Their courses are on OCC as well. Last I checked nothing was missing
  3. Blender Bross - Best for Hard Surface Modeling courses. OCC has some of them & is missing some of them
  4. CGFastTrack - Majority of courses are on OCC, some past courses are missing. CGFastTrack will release some of the courses in the near Future, Hopefully OCC will get them
  5. P2 Academy - Best on Blender Riggin & Animation. OCC have all of them
  6. Canopy Games - OCC have some of them. They have the best course on Geometry nodes & Blender Python courses. But OCC doesn't have them.
  7. Stephen Pearson - special mention, He makes the best courses on Blender simulation. OCC have all of them
  8. Nikolay Naydenov - Best for Blender Character Artist. All his courses are on OCC as well.
  9. Creative Shrimp - They have some great Blender courses as well & all of them are available on OCC.

if you want to do a topic bases search,

Here I am laying out the topics
  • 1. Modeling
    • Low poly/ Stylized Modeling
    • Organic Modeling
    • Hard Surface Modeling
    • Vanila Hard Surface Modeling
    • Paid add ons like BoxCutter &HardOps
  • 2. Sculpting
  • 3. Retopology
    • Vanila Retopology
    • With Add-ons like Retopoflow