Aug 1, 2020
Skill level
2.00 star(s)
Project Files
Not Provided
Product Price
$1698

Animation and Game Principles-G0 [iAnimate, Brent George].jpg

Animation and Game Principles workshop serves as an entry-level class, providing an introduction to character animation for video games using Maya. Basic knowledge of animation in Maya is required, and fundamental insights into game development will be integrated throughout the workshop to prepare you for our main program.

11-week workshop includes:

• Live & Recorded Classes
  • Additional Lectures by Jason Ryan, CineSite Animation Director
  • Featured Rigs

Why an introduction workshop?

Our comprehensive four-workshop program is intentionally challenging. We aim to immerse you in technical knowledge and diligently hone your artistic skills through numerous assignments. At iAnimate Games, students benefit significantly from this approach as we consistently push them beyond their perceived limits, facilitating faster progress than anticipated. This approach also readies you for the realities of the industry. However, there's a fine line between being challenged and being overwhelmed. Hence, we've developed a new introduction workshop tailored for less-experienced animators, equipping them with all the essential tools and knowledge necessary to excel upon enrolling in the main program.

Week-by-Week Topics

• Week 1 - Introduction to Animation and Games
  • Week 2 - Graph Editor, Constraints, and Baking
  • Week 3 - Animation Theory
  • Week 4 - Techniques for Animation and Games
  • Week 5 - Character Animation
  • Week 6 - Reference
  • Week 7 - Animation Planning and In-Game Processes
  • Week 8 - Blocking and Starting
  • Week 9 - Spine Pass
  • Week 10 - Advanced Constraining with Animation and Engine
  • Week 11 - Camera Setup, Basic Lighting, and Rendering

Last edited:
GBC paid almost $500 for the entire iAnimate Game. As of now, I can only see three paid participants, which means the delivery of this GB is significantly delayed from today

Curious, why does the payment (paid participant count) affect the delivery timing? Payment stage is separate from Distribution stage and conflating the two here would be misleading to those who paid for these GB's.

The distribution progress bar counts the number of paid participants who visited the GB distribution conversation
Interesting, I don't see a progress bar? I see a 1/10 Backed (which doesn't correspond to the 3 paid participants mentioned). I also see an empty bar with an upload symbol to the right and with the text "Purchase stage: Product distribution" above it.

Looks like I'm missing something, sorry. Where is the progress bar supposed to be? By any chance is it not visible to GB owners and admins? 🤔

as the GB is currently in the 'Distribution' stage, the progress bar reflects the distribution progress rather than the funding progress. We manually transitioned this GB to the distribution stage since it is sponsored by the GBC team.
The course is set to be uploaded later this week

• Love
Reactions: shv116
as the GB is currently in the 'Distribution' stage, the progress bar reflects the distribution progress rather than the funding progress. We manually transitioned this GB to the distribution stage since it is sponsored by the GBC team.
The course is set to be uploaded later this week
Is the course already available if I make the payment?