Suggestion: I'd personally like every course we manage to fund here to be shared on the site OCC.

Whitetiger

Trusted member
GB Participant
Jul 21, 2023
Credits
$0.00
GBG Credits
Ğ0
Hello,
As I said in my previous message, personally, I'd be in favor of all the courses we manage to fund here being able to be shared for free on OCC (as has always been the case, up until now, when someone wanted to share a particular course. I've funded several courses out of my own pocket that I've then shared on OCC for free and I don't think that should change for group buys).

Especially since it divides the community in two:
  • those who can pay and have access to a "premium" type of courses
  • those who can't afford it and will only be able to access OCC courses (without premium usage)
As a result, we're losing the very essence of the site, which was to provide content for all those who don't have the money. While technically, most of the courses we're trying to fund come from COLOSO, CLASS101, it seems logical to me that these should also be available to everyone, (as was the case when someone shared them on their own).

It's just my suggestion, though, and I'd understand if some people didn't agree. But let's not forget why OCC was created in the first place: to help, not for profit. And it makes me very sad if that changes, because it's currently one of the few sites (and even the only one) that offers this system.

The main problem is the contradictions and lack of transparency. Why in this case suggest that members create a suggestion concerning the fact that courses could be available on OCC, if in the end they already knew from the start that they would only make them available to premium users? Strawberry made it clear at the outset that he was open to suggestions and was waiting for members' opinions, because he didn't think it was fair that some people should pay, and others get it for free afterwards. This clearly makes sense. However, a good number of people here have expressed their agreement, and in the end, this is not taken into account. That's what leads to disappointment. Some of us had proposed creating a voting system at the end of each group buy (to find out who agrees to share on OCC and at what time period), but no news on this subject.

Yeah people are starting to turn away from the platform because of this. Can't be confident in contributing if this stuff isn't getting addressed or being ignored for weeks on end altogether.

Reactions: Ardtmaa
So is there hope the courses get shared on OCC? If this is still not something they have decided on, then who is responsible for making this decision, and how can we vote to make this happen?

As it stands I'm not sure if courses do get released on OCC anymore, I have seen "in distribution" and "closed" groups for longer than 3 months and they are still yet to be uploaded on OCC. So is this going to happen at any point? is there any timeframe?

So is there hope the courses get shared on OCC? If this is still not something they have decided on, then who is responsible for making this decision, and how can we vote to make this happen?

As it stands I'm not sure if courses do get released on OCC anymore, I have seen "in distribution" and "closed" groups for longer than 3 months and they are still yet to be uploaded on OCC. So is this going to happen at any point? is there any timeframe?
Hi, I don't want to give false hopes, but most of the courses will only be accessible here. Maybe on some holidays and events, we will release some courses on OCC. But as We have said multiple times already, posting these courses on OCC will lead to problems. If you are interested, go ahead and read this thread, in which we explained our thinking.

Hi, I don't want to give false hopes, but most of the courses will only be accessible here. Maybe on some holidays and events, we will release some courses on OCC. But as We have said multiple times already, posting these courses on OCC will lead to problems. If you are interested, go ahead and read this thread, in which we explained our thinking.
Alright, thank you so much for the clarification! I have read the thread quite carefully and everything makes sense since the GBC and OCC aren't the same thing nor have the same people running it, which is interesting since I got here from a comment Strawberry - the admin of OCC posted on a random course on OCC.

There is no right or wrong answer for this, many people explained their opinions already on this matter and we are aware of the advantages and disadvantages - my personal bias is towards this being similar to Patreon, where people pitch in to help buy the course so they can support in some way and access it for months in advance, but after that set amount of time, (as we are int he internet and things get leaked naturally) might as well add It to OCC when that period is over.

No matter people's stances on this matter, if the Admins here have reached a decision already regarding this, then shouldn't this thread be closed as well?

Reactions: owl
thank u for addressing this and we thank u for ur efforts and all administrators , however looking at OCC now days .. i found that nearly 80% of courses are now only GBC especially in digital art department and drawing in general , it became harder to find a free course on OCC to begin with most are GBC exclusive , if that is the case and went that far ... wouldn't be logical to close OCC site completly since the idea from it is no more since 80% of courses in it are exclusive which is in my opinion is not fair ,
and to clarify things on my part is not me not wanting or not having the money to contribute like everyone around here is , the problem's i live in country that dont allow crypto transactions to begin with and in fact dont allow any online payments what so ever ... i cant pay for anything online even tho i have the money , and am sure many who get their courses form OCC is same situation like me or dont have the money all togather , i hope u all dont get me wrong and i understands the prices are high and admins need our help to get these courses and all that , but the problem is a lot of members here thinking on making it exclusives and just now i notice most courses in OCC like 80% of them are in GBC and if what u said is true owl that means by this point OCC site should be closed be couse the purpose from having it now is no more
thank u for ur time

i found that nearly 80% of courses are now only GBC especially in digital art department and drawing in general , it became harder to find a free course on OCC to begin with most are GBC exclusive
this statement is not accurate. There are 11288 courses on OCC compared to less than a hundred posted on GBC.
Recently, OCC has consistently published the same quantity of free courses per day/week as it did before. Adhering to the core principle that 'what we can find is here'
it became harder to find a free course on OCC to begin with most are GBC exclusive
you can simply ignore the group-buy tag or category when searching for content
logical to close OCC site completly...
I appreciate your suggestion to close OCC completely. However, your suggestion is not accepted

It is sad to hear that online payments are not permitted in your country. However, I'm aware of at least one GBC member from your country who has encountered no issues in joining GBs and supporting the GBC project

Cheers

Reactions: owl and saronveiii
this statement is not accurate. There are 11288 courses on OCC compared to less than a hundred posted on GBC.
Recently, OCC has consistently published the same quantity of free courses per day/week as it did before. Adhering to the core principle that 'what we can find is here'

you can simply ignore the group-buy tag or category when searching for content

I appreciate your suggestion to close OCC completely. However, your suggestion is not accepted

It is sad to hear that online payments are not permitted in your country. However, I'm aware of at least one GBC member from your country who has encountered no issues in joining GBs and supporting the GBC project

Cheers
i seee ..so its my mistake on being inaccurate about the 80% .. i apologies for that and to point out am from libya so i wonder that member u told me about where are they from .. thank u for ur time and sorry for bothering u ^^

Well, let me emphasize the same about sharing courses. If you're considering sharing a course, it's best to purchase it at its regular price. When you're part of a GB, you gain course access along with all other participants in that GB.

About a year ago, something simillar occurred that our long-time members might remember. We obtained access to (TT) courses and organized a GB with a much lower price than usual. Unfortunately, shortly after sharring the course, it was leaked for free on CGPeers. This led to complaints from the course owner and caused difficulties for Strawberry.

It's crucial to realize that our platform, already open to everyone, involves substantial risks. This helps explain the careful progress of PP. We need to make sure our platform remains efficient by preventing disruptions and complaints.

I understand that many of you feel it's unjust to essentially purchase knowlegde, and I'm in complete agreement with you. That's why we've had the Course for Premium option in place for quite some time. ☭ It's about fairness – contributing as per your ability and receiving as per your needs☭.
View attachment 643
A similar principle will apply to GBC. If you're interested in a course, you can simply contribute positively to the community. Initiate GBs, assist new users, share resources – believe me, we'll take notice and show our appreciation. 😊

Access to group buys is not just about money. Right now, Strawberry is providing free premium access to everyone, all to kickstart the project and attract active and engaged users to this platform. Creating a forum where the main focus is on USERS contributing – that's the goal. Group buys are just one way to organize communities to access resources. Within this platform, we aim to build a complete community. This community will include books, assets, references, and more. The OCC team has been sharing with everyone, without exception, for over 5 years. That's 5 years of effort from two individuals, putting in 4-8 hours a day, every day, without brakes or weekends. The result is a user community where almost everyone has something to share.

In conclusion, sharring courses in our community requires a balanced approach that respects everyone's efforts and aligns with our goals. Your understanding and cooperation are truly appreciated as we navigate these challenges together. We're also in the process of learning and striving to offer the maximum benefits. Take a look at OCC. Strawberry has created its own file-sharing platform, transcoding and compressing every lesson in every course posted on occ and enabling a seamless online watching experience of every lesson without the need for downloads. They're even working on subtitles and translation and are currently exploring AI Text-to-Speech technology. The outcome? What OCC accomplishes is unparalled worldwide. And it's all done single-handedly. Strawberry functions as the admin, developer, and support, while Redcat lends a hand with posting articles💪🏻💻. We aspire to acheive the same here, at GBC – providing a wealth of features and involving users to the fullest extent. The aim is to make being a part of this community a privilege, a club membership. Our intention isn't to create a basic course shop. There are plenty of groups on Telegram focused on reselling, but we aspire to be more than that. We aim to stand apart from the simple resell model prevalent in many places, which lacks innovation and merely functions as a market. Here at GBC, our ambition is grander – to foster a thriving community. It's the sense of community that truely matters to us. 😊

I appreciate the thorough explanation and breakdown on the vision of GBC. Before reading this, I was also wondering why GBC existed separately from the OCC. Now I'm very much looking forward to GBC.

In hindsight, the name and basic rules (such as anyone being able to organize a GB) make the long term vision quite clear. But perhaps making the vision clearer alongside suggestions for new GBs (such as a new forum thread linked from the intro rules thread) would encourage further community growth.

Reactions: strawberry
Hello Owl, Strawberry, I'm a new user (as of today, so new new) so forgive me if maybe it was answered somewhere else. Here is my question: I'd like to buy this bundle, and it says it's in "Product distribution", so it is to be assumed that it's fully bought and is being downloaded/ distributed. My question is, for transparency sake, where would my 100 USD go? I don't mind paying as much because it contains 1-2 courses I'm interested in and I would buy the bundle just for those since it's cheaper than on C*LOSO, but since all the courses have been bought, can I/ we get confirmation on what the money is used for? Buying more courses so they can be added to the bundle? Or something else?
Thank you for your time