Suggestion: I'd personally like every course we manage to fund here to be shared on the site OCC.

Whitetiger

Trusted member
GB Participant
Jul 21, 2023
Credits
$0.00
GBG Credits
Ğ0
Hello,
As I said in my previous message, personally, I'd be in favor of all the courses we manage to fund here being able to be shared for free on OCC (as has always been the case, up until now, when someone wanted to share a particular course. I've funded several courses out of my own pocket that I've then shared on OCC for free and I don't think that should change for group buys).

Especially since it divides the community in two:
  • those who can pay and have access to a "premium" type of courses
  • those who can't afford it and will only be able to access OCC courses (without premium usage)
As a result, we're losing the very essence of the site, which was to provide content for all those who don't have the money. While technically, most of the courses we're trying to fund come from COLOSO, CLASS101, it seems logical to me that these should also be available to everyone, (as was the case when someone shared them on their own).

It's just my suggestion, though, and I'd understand if some people didn't agree. But let's not forget why OCC was created in the first place: to help, not for profit. And it makes me very sad if that changes, because it's currently one of the few sites (and even the only one) that offers this system.

Are you aware that no site will tolerate our actions ? The idea is to make the kofi page look like an art page. We won't put any content there, people will be redirected to GBC to get the courses, it'll just be a page to get payments/donations/subscriptions. We'd just have to find a platform, where payment is simplified.

Not everyone wants to or can pay by crypto or through mediafile's premium option. So it might be a good idea to find a patreon-type platform, which will group together the possibility of paying more easily, thus enabling more people to contribute to the community. At some point, we have to find a solution, because if we want more people to finance the courses here, we need simpler payment methods.

It won't be easy, but it's possible.
Yes. I understand what u mean. But it's like putting time bomb, We don't know when it's explode. taking away the fund. This is a bit copium but It's easy to collect the proof. the kofi page is not intented to be. Well if the admin want take your suggestion. Sure, But I find your kofi- page suggestion is illogical for reciver side, because they're the one who take huge risk (losing fund, and get paypal blocked)

Alternatively, instead of Patreon, why not create a ko-fi page? It's a site that accepts donations, so what we could do is simply have each person who makes a donation of $10, for example, have direct access to the GBC courses (instead of waiting 1 month or more to get it for free). Many artists use it! When making a donation, the person has to indicate their their GBC user name, it is possible to make donations with anonymous messages. Or contact the admins as soon as they've made a donation, with a screenshot as proof, and then they get access to the funded courses here?

Paypal payments are simplified on this site, with the option of paying directly by credit card or with stripe. Subscriptions are also available, like Patreon. It seems to me that there is no charge for donations, only a 5% fee per subscription (which is still reasonable).
That's a great idea 💡👍

Reactions: Whitetiger
Yes. I understand what u mean. But it's like putting time bomb, We don't know when it's explode. taking away the fund. This is a bit copium but It's easy to collect the proof. the kofi page is not intented to be. Well if the admin want take your suggestion. Sure, But I find your kofi- page suggestion is illogical for reciver side, because they're the one who take huge risk (losing fund, and get paypal blocked)
This risk is present regardless of the platform chosen (whether Patreon, Kofi etc.), it will be the same for all.

And the resellers already have a paypal business account to accept payments for premium mediafile subscriptions. That alone is already a risk too. What difference does having a kofi page make ? Apart from the fact that they'll potentially receive more payments ? We need simpler payment methods if you want us to be able to finance as many courses as possible.

Last edited:
Reactions: arichason and elon
This risk is present regardless of the platform chosen (whether Patreon, Kofi etc.), it will be the same for all.

And the resellers normally have already a paypal business account to accept payments. That alone is already a risk.
Well we will leave the admin decide to get through your suggestion. Personally I'm happy if I can pay in easier method.

• Love

And the resellers already have a paypal business account to accept payments for premium mediafile subscriptions. That alone is already a risk too. What difference does having a kofi page make ? Apart from the fact that they'll potentially receive more payments ? We need simpler payment methods if you want us to be able to finance as many courses as possible.
The difference is dispute. we can contest premium media file with paypal as long as we made invoice. And file hosting is legal. the ilegal one is the data which being shared. How we can dispute supposed artist page kofi because 1) we already falsify the account information in kofi page 2) we're doing phrobiated content act

The difference is dispute. we can contest premium media file with paypal as long as we made invoice. And file hosting is legal. the ilegal one is the data which being shared. How we can dispute supposed artist page kofi because 1) we already falsify the account information in kofi page 2) we're doing phrobiated content act
That's why I talked about making it look like an artistic kofi page (for example, we could have published a selection of members artwork there).

I thought I'd made it clear, but I'll say it again : the kofi page would just be a way of hiding it all. What's more, the advantage of kofi is that it accepts donations, so if the majority makes a donation, there's no risk, since a donation is free of charge. There is no need to deliver anything in return.

There will be no content published on the kofi page, apart from artworks. It will just be a way to receive money from members, nothing more.

As long as you pay with Paypal in any way, you can always get your money back. It's just that people shouldn't abuse it.

And how will they know if it's illegal, since it'll be an ordinary artistic page taking donations ? The same principle applies to Patreon, where we could publish artwork selected by members, accept subscriptions, but redirect everyone here for the courses. The aim is simply to disguise the page as an art page, to make it easier to pay. And not to publish anything there (no videos, no links), except artwork. No one will know, except GBC/OCC members.

0 risk doesn't exist anyway, even if you pay by paypal or crypto you're taking a risk in any case... I'd like to propose a perfect, 100% secure solution, but I don't have one. And if you use a payment application, it doesn't solve the problem either 😅

Last edited:
That's why I talked about making it look like an artistic kofi page (for example, we could have published a selection of members artwork). I thought I'd made it clear, but I'll say it again : the kofi page would just be a way of hiding it all. What's more, the advantage of kofi is that it accepts donations, so if the majority makes a donation, there's no risk, since a donation is free of charge. There is no need to deliver anything in return.

There will be no content published on the kofi page, apart from artworks. It will just be a way to receive money from members, nothing more. What don't you understand about what I'm saying?

As long as you pay with Paypal in any way, you can always get your money back. It's just that people shouldn't abuse it.
I understand man. Be civil. So fake it and make artist page right? Then i will give you hypnocial scenario. Let's say people don't like us and report the kofi page with proof. The proof is kofi page logo is in GBC forum and it redrict with GBC fake artist kofi page. So it's possible with proof, Kofi ban GBC supposed artist account page.(Again Copium)

Also I'm against people making charge back in GBC. because from the rules. it supposed to be final, which i agree. Because only admin hold the real money. Unless they run with money and everyone gonna be screwed

I don’t understand that apk either. But the fact ‘the forum’ still receive donation while their PayPal blocked. Maybe we can use same way

Anyway I’m pessimistic the kofi suggestion can be implemented so that’s all for me. We have different view. It useless to argue further.

Last edited:
I understand man. Be civil. So fake it and make artist page right? Then i will give you hypnocial scenario. Let's say people don't like us and report the kofi page with proof. The proof is kofi page logo is in GBC forum and it redrict with GBC fake artist kofi page. So it's possible with proof, Kofi ban GBC supposed artist account page.(Again Copium)

Also I'm against people making charge back in GBC. because from the rules. it supposed to be final, which i agree. Because only admin hold the real money. Unless they run with money and everyone gonna be screwed

I don’t understand that apk either. But the fact ‘the forum’ still receive donation while their PayPal blocked. Maybe we can use same way

Anyway I’m pessimistic the kofi suggestion can be implemented so that’s all for me. We have different view. It useless to argue further.
When was I not civil in my previous message ? You're the one who keeps saying copium, and contradicting every idea proposed here, without any real argumentation and without really trying to weigh the pros and cons. So in conclusion, you just don't seem to understand much.

Well, I've never seen a single ko-fi page get banned and going on reddit, there are very few cases. I've only seen one. The aim is to remain discreet and not to shout from the rooftops that GBC/OCC has a kofi page (or a patreon whatever). Only members will be able to get it, we'd have to find a way for only verified members to get it privately. A question of common sense. But seeing as you seem to be stubbornly opposed to this method for no valid reason, it's best to forget about it.

You need to understand one thing : there's no perfect solution. In any case, there are risks. We just have to find the solution that minimizes the risk. Either the admins don't implement other payment methods, and it stays that way, or new payment methods are added: notably a site such as Patreon or Kofi, or a platform similar to Paypal (which would make it possible to have more people and finance the courses). There aren't 36 solutions.

What's more, it's important to understand that most people are afraid of being scammed, and rightly so. Some members have already been ripped off before by other group buys (just look at the OCC comments), so not giving them the chance to get their money back just doesn't make sense. If people get the courses, they won't ask for refunds? It's just to give them some security. Of course there will be people who abuse the system, but we can't avoid everything. We might as well stick to current payment methods. But that will potentially reduce the number of participants and attract fewer people. It's all a question of choice.

Yes, I don't think there's much point in continuing this conversation, because you don't seem to be able to understand very much.

I wish you a good day and and try to relax dude!

Last edited:
Alternatively, instead of Patreon, why not create a ko-fi page? It's a site that accepts donations, so what we could do is simply have each person who makes a donation of $10, for example, have direct access to the GBC courses (instead of waiting 1 month or more to get it for free). Many artists use it! When making a donation, the person has to indicate their their GBC user name, it is possible to make donations with anonymous messages. Or contact the admins as soon as they've made a donation, with a screenshot as proof, and then they get access to the funded courses here?

Paypal payments are simplified on this site, with the option of paying directly by credit card or with stripe. Subscriptions are also available, like Patreon. It seems to me that there is no charge for donations, only a 5% fee per subscription (which is still reasonable).
As YMCH and Whitetiger suggested this can definitely be done. Legitimately make it an art collective making themed digital zines (mini artbooks). We're all artists trying to get better let's showcase that. It's actual community participation and support while collecting donations to improve the art community through accessible GBC courses. And sending a screenshot as proof to the admins outside of the Patreon/ko-fi page here keeps us from violating their TOS

I use ko-fi and paypal invoicing to ask for prohibited content payment 🫣
But the thing is, it's also a complicated process because I need to ensure that customers will never be able to get evidence that I'm actually selling another item. I got a paypal claim once and was protected by paypal seller protection so im sure my method works.
For paypal invoicing, this involves me messaging them with another account, telling them to send the actual account an email with a certain message, sending a fake product and sending the actual content separately, etc etc
For ko-fi, i send the person a "donation appreciated! <link>" via another acct after informing them in a roundabout way

So if we wanna ensure a low-risk method, it would be as complicated as the current method of paying, if not more complicated 😔

Tho I do believe an art ko-fi page can still be possible as long as anything related to GBC/OCC/online courses won't be mentioned anywhere. Benefits could be "access to private group".
Anyway methods need to be thought very carefully so that cunning people wont be able to report "this ko-fi page is selling disguised pirated copyrighted content" and make it harder to take evidence screenshots 😔 (might be a rare case but still need to be careful!)

Tho I do believe an art ko-fi page can still be possible as long as anything related to GBC/OCC/online courses won't be mentioned anywhere. Benefits could be "access to private group".
Anyway methods need to be thought very carefully so that cunning people wont be able to report "this ko-fi page is selling disguised pirated copyrighted content" and make it harder to take evidence screenshots 😔 (might be a rare case but still need to be careful!)
Agreed anything related to GBC or OCC should not be mentioned. However, access to private group as a benefit might not work if people who are unfamiliar with GBC or OCC stumble upon the page, want to support just for the art they see, end up joining and then they see what's going on though. Yeah ya'll are right this is definitely tricky. It's hard to find any other way to implement Paypal, Stripe, etc. without reprecussions. I got over excited about doing an actual art group thing 😅

Could do it as a side thing to fund server maintenance, cloud storage for the group or just paying it forward to the artist's we're getting the content from in some way

Agreed anything related to GBC or OCC should not be mentioned. However, access to private group as a benefit might not work if people who are unfamiliar with GBC or OCC stumble upon the page, want to support just for the art they see, end up joining and then they see what's going on though. Yeah ya'll are right this is definitely tricky. It's hard to find any other way to implement Paypal, Stripe, etc. without reprecussions. I got over excited about doing an actual art group thing 😅

Could do it as a side thing to fund server maintenance, cloud storage for the group or just paying it forward to the artist's we're getting the content from in some way
We need to ensure that the page would have to be made visible and findable only by OCC/GBC users, but I don't know if that's possible ? Maybe you'd have to use some sort of code name and play with SEO (in the opposite direction) to make it difficult for them to find the page just by googling it.

The problem is that once users can pay by credit card, Paypal, Stripe etc, it's a pain. However, I think that simpler payment methods would allow us to receive more funds to finance courses, support admins, servers etc. I'm afraid that at some point, it'll still be the same group of people funding the courses, and we'll go round in circles because after a while, there may be no new participants/funders... 😥

Yet, there are people who are willing to pay and participate, but it's just complicated for them at the moment, so it discourages them from joining the buying groups.

Reactions: Kino123 and elon
I don't mean to ressurrect this topic by any means, but all of this discussion made me question a thing.
I can't participate in every GB Ive seen here in the forum because I don't have that much money available, but I'm interested in many of them, so wouldn't it be easier if we pay for mediafile Premium on OCC site and have access to a exclusive telegram group or something like that, which would have all of the premium courses available?
Because we would still be contributing with money to the platform, but with amounts that we can afford at the moment + more people would top up courses maybe..wouldn't it be interesting?
I didn't read all of the messages here yet, im still catching up, but I was wondering if this could be done?

I don't mean to ressurrect this topic by any means, but all of this discussion made me question a thing.
I can't participate in every GB Ive seen here in the forum because I don't have that much money available, but I'm interested in many of them, so wouldn't it be easier if we pay for mediafile Premium on OCC site and have access to a exclusive telegram group or something like that, which would have all of the premium courses available?
Because we would still be contributing with money to the platform, but with amounts that we can afford at the moment + more people would top up courses maybe..wouldn't it be interesting?
I didn't read all of the messages here yet, im still catching up, but I was wondering if this could be done?
we are considering creating a GBC membership program, but the details have not been fully developed yet

we are considering creating a GBC membership program, but the details have not been fully developed yet
Strawberry what's your opinion on this idea? Example
I feel this still emphasizes on participating in group buys for people that dont want to wait for courses to release, and also it works as a demo system since many people prob feel groupbuy is a scam.

Steps to Master the Core Principles of Light and Coloring [Coloso, Gatan]​

------------------------------------

FREE OCC $0
- 2 Week Delay Before Relase

- 480-720P MP4

- 1 Class Video / Per Week

- No Course Files
------------------------------------

GROUP BUY PARTICIPATED $5-20
- 1080P MP4
- All Class Video / Upon Participation
- Course Files